Alpine ski racers know that proper base structure, edges and wax make a dramatic difference in results on race day. Shepherd & Schaller Sporting Goods satisfies the discerning tastes of these athletes with professional ski tunes using Wintersteiger ski tuning equipment and professional Swix Hot Box complimented by the artistry of a 20-year tuning veteran Pete Kohlmoos.
Can’t make it to downtown Wausau, WI before you get in the start shack? Here are Pete’s recommendations. Many can be accomplished with tools you can buy at Shep’s:
- Professional machine tune with race structure and favorite edge
- Professional Hot Box with prep wax, then scrape and apply CH wax
- At home, after practice, wipe skis dry and apply prep wax
- At home, before practice, scrape prep wax and apply CH wax
- Professional machine tune to open base structure and deep clean
- Professional Hot Box with prep wax
- Apply LF or HF wax just prior to race. Brush until structure is clearly visible.
- After each raceDe-butt edges with goo diamond or sharpen with ceramic disc.