We treat brick store, on-line store and appointment shopping the same here are Shep’s. Shop us three ways, follow one set of policies.
These are only fair
- We don’t issue refunds or store credit for items that were not purchased from Shepherd and Schaller Sporting Goods or shepssports.com.
- We don’t issue refunds or exchanges for items that have been used, worn or altered.
- We reserve the right to refuse return of items damaged by smoke or soil, even if unused, unworn, unaltered.
- A sales receipt must be presented with the unused product you did buy at Shepherd & Schaller or shepssports.com.
- A full refund to the original payment method will be processed when the item returned is unused, tags still attached and all parts in place, within 30 days of purchase.
- Exchanges also require that the item by unused and unaltered with tags still attached. (This includes items purchased at a sale price discount of 40% or less.)
- Clearance items discounted deeper than 40% and meeting the above criteria will be exchanged for a Shepherd & Schaller Gift Card.
- Items discounted 50% or more are not eligible for refund or exchange.
- Special Order items will incur a restocking fee of 20%, whether we stock the item or not.
- Gifts are subject to the same policies.
- We attach the purchaser’s name to each sale to establish a record to ease the return process.
- Manager approval is required for exchanges of ski, snowboard and bike equipment.
You slipped on a banana peel and ripped your pants when you fell. It took a lot of tries to master that Half Cab Mute Grab and you have a cracked ski edge to show for it. Your daughter shut the car door on her new jacket and now the zipper is broken. Something went sideways in the laundry. Oops! That’s ok, you’ll get a new one under warranty, righ
Sorry, you likely won’t. But if said pants, jacket or ski has a manufacturer’s defect in materials or workmanship within a limited time period it’s a different story. If that is the case, we’ll help you through the processes of requesting warranty repair or replacement by the manufacturer. Another benefit of shopping at Shep’s!
Warranty Request Process:
- Shepherd and Schaller and shepssports.com do not provide warranty coverage, with a few exceptions. Warranty is provided by the manufacturer.
- Visit your manufacturer’s website for their warranty details and limitations. Follow the steps they require.
- Bring the item in question to Shepherd and Schaller (or ship it) along with your receipt.
- Pay the outbound shipping if we are shipping it for you. The Manufacturer will pay the inbound shipping for repair or replacements.
- Provide us with a phone number and email address so we can notify you of the warranty request results.
- Allow time for processing. Off-season warranties are typically resolved within a week. In-season resolutions take longer, often three weeks to a month.
Things we see that are not covered by warranty:
- Melted or stained fabric
- Tears in fabric not on a seam
- Ski top sheet damaged by metal ski edges (don’t clank your skis together on the ski lift!)
- Ski boots soles worn down by sidewalks are parking lots
- Bent or broken ski Binding Brakes. These are never covered by warranty.