Shepherd & Schaller is Wausau’s Outdoor Store. Serving central Wisconsin since 1949, we proudly offer the finest ski, bike, camping, water sports and paddling equipment, active apparel, and footwear in the region. We’re all about the experience, ours and yours. We’re tuned-in and turned-on by an active outdoor lifestyle, year-round.
Do you walk the talk? We’re always looking for the right people-person. Dependable, friendly, outgoing, detail oriented, energetic, supportive and a self-starter. You work as hard as you play. If you can see the big picture to provide support and solutions to our customers and teammates in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment, we should talk.
Spend your free time on the trails or the water? Pour over ski equipment blogs? Love sharing your passion? Our teammates are the face of our business, providing expert and enthusiastic advice to guide people to products that meet their goals. Are you willing to support back-shop functions and love learning? That’s what it takes, because this is no big box shopping experience.
Work-life balance. The outdoor industry wrote the book. Ski before work? Of course! Commute by bike? We encourage it. Coach the team? We love it! We’re all this this together, so your new ideas are welcome. Suggest a new product, tell us about a favorite place to play or a club that you support, develop a better system, create and contribute. We enjoy industry perks like product demos and pro pricing on the coolest gear for outdoor enthusiasts and we’re proud to offer brands that support Fair Trade, use recycled and organic materials and give back in exciting ways. The local events we host and support make a difference in our community and most importantly the customers we serve are our friends. To us, “It’s personal.”
We offer daytime, evening and weekend shifts, but not late nights. You’ll have time to play, for classes and for family. Though we’re flexible about scheduling and will work around your other obligations, you can expect to work key time frames including the holiday shopping season and ski season event weekends. Lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs. is required. Couch potatoes need not apply.
Tell us about your passions. Drop a note, send a video or stop by for a visit. There’s room to grow with us to create a satisfying career here in Downtown Wausau, WI.
If we’re a good fit for each other, you’ll be responsible for the customer experience on the sales floor and will fully serve the customer base by connecting with them, assessing their needs, recommending products and encouraging the sale.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
* Effectively communicate store promotions, events and policies
* Accuately present product features and benefits
* Recommend local outdoor lifestyle resources
* Ensure merchandising standards are adherd to and executed accurately
* Use product training and sales training to give outstanding customer service
* Demonstrate safe practices and procedures in store by adhering to company standards
* Assist in all aspects of product preparation including receiving, merchandising, stocking
* Assist in all aspects of sales floor presentation including cleaning, organizing and display preparation
* Accurately prepare customer sales and service documents
* Accurately use Mac based POS system
* Complete other duties as assigned
* Must have a passion for the outdoor lifestyle with proven experience in one or more of the following: bike, ski, snowboard, camping, water sports, athleisure and technical clothing, footwear.
* Proven ability to connect with and engage customers and deliver outstanding customer service every day, with a positive attitude.
* Demonstrated selling skills with the ability to meet goals
* Ability to communicate both verbally and written, clearly and concisely in English
* Must be willing to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings, weekends and holidays
* Able to freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area, workshop and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crouching, kneeling and climbing a ladder, ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
* Strong computer skills with the ability to effectively use a Mac environment
Ability to earn advancement to a full-time position is up to you!