Dig up the family and head to the Dungeon for used and new ski and snowboard gear priced so low it’s frightening. Wausau’s biggest ski sale features discounted outerwear, sportswear and footwear for fall and winter too.
Dungeon Sale is Wausau’s most spirited ski event! If you’re brave enough to head to the basement of our 120- year-old building, you’ll find frighteningly good deals on used and new ski and snowboard equipment. Shop for the entire family: novice and expert skiers and snowboarders, young and old, plus clothes and shoes for those who love snow as those who don’t.
Shep’s accepts used, healthy ski gear through October 10th for consignment sale. We help price it for you and keep only 10% consignment fee (when swaps keep 20%). After your used items sell, you’ve got ‘Shep’s Bucks’ store credit to use toward the purchase of any of our products or services.
Used gear is set up alongside our own inventory of new gear (left over from last season) to make it east to shop for the best value and best equipment for your needs. We adjust the ski bindings to your unique setting criteria, for only $10.
Kids gear goes fast, as do freestyle (twin tip) skis, so most year’s there is a line at the door before our Wednesday morning opening at 9:00am. Have no fear, there is usually enough selection to satisfy shoppers all through the five-day event. The basement is stocked with Alpine Ski, X-C Ski and Snowboard equipment. (No advance sales and no holding equipment. First come, first shop!)
You’ll want to shop upstairs too, where the latest 2018-19 gear is also on sale along with outerwear, sportswear and accessories like helmets, goggles, wax, tuning supplies and more. You can even combine the great used gear you find in the Dungeon with new equipment from upstairs at Shep’s low “package price.” All clothing and accessories are at least 20% off during Dungeon Sale and we’ve got lots of other great specials going on.
If you’re planning to hit the slopes of Granite Peak or mountains farther away, the trails at Nine Mile Forest or points north, or just want to stay warm in trend setting fashions and footwear, we’ll see you at Dungeon Sale in Downtown Wausau.
ps You may have heard we are haunted. Have no fear, our spirits are friendly.
- Wednesday 9am-8pm
- Thursday 9am-8pm
- Friday 9am-8pm
- Saturday 9am-5pm
- Sunday 11am-5pm
You’ve just found the perfect ski boots for the little one, new skis and poles for dad, and mom is excited about her new ski package at Shepherd & Schaller’s famous Dungeon Sale, October 22-26, 2014. You know the one – it’s the sale where you’ll find scary-good prices on new and used ski and snowboard equipment for the whole family!
It’s time to head upstairs for great deals on Outerwear, Sportswear, Footwear and Accessories for ski season! We can’t name our famous names, because the deals are too good to advertise. But, here’s what you’ll find for five amazing ski-sale days:
- Buy 3 Get 1 Free: Smartwool Socks (20% off a single pair if you prefer)
- 20% off all in-stock Outerwear for adults and kids. (Kids from size 2T through 16/XL). Includes Jackets, Pants, Fleece, Mittens & Gloves, Hats and Balaclavas. Base Layers too.
- 20% off all in-stock Sportswear. Sweaters, Pants, Leggings, Tops, Shirts, Skirts, Dresses, Hoodies, T-Shirts. All of it.
- 20% off all in-stock Footwear. Running Shoes, Winter Boots and outdoor Fashion Footwear.
- 20% off in-stock necessities including: Handbags, Backpacks, Water Bottles and Home Decor
- 20% off in-stock Helmets and Goggles
- 20% off in-stock tuning tools and wax
- Ski Binding Adjustments and Remounts for ski equipment purchased in the Dungeon Sale = $10
- Complete 10-step Ski Tune, including hot wax $34.99 (Reg. $55)
- 50% off select in-season shoes and boots
- Sale prices on all of our new 2014/15 Ski and Snowboard Equipment. Save even more when you bundle your purchase to include skis, boots, bindings, poles or board, boot and binding.
- 50% off remaining 2013/14 outerwear for adults and kids
- Demon Phantom Audio Helmet $49.99 (Reg. $69)
- Giro Bevel Helmet $39.99 (Reg $65)
- Scott Little People Goggle $11.99 (Reg $19)
- Scott Classic Goggle $19.99 (Reg $42)
- Scott Strike Goggle $29.99 (Reg $75)
- Scott Heli OTG Goggle $29.99 (Reg $65)
What’s not included you ask? Only a few items we are restricted from discounting like Yakima, and some year-round things like kayaks, camping accessories and bike accessories. (We do have sale “Shep’s” prices on remaining water sports, bicycles and some camping gear.)