Calling local Mural Artists!
Built in the late 1800s, our building at 324 Scott Street, Wausau, WI is undergoing exterior maintenance and repairs. A new exterior logo sign and possible artistic mural are needed for Shepherd & Schaller, Wausau’s favorite Outdoor Store. Respond to our RFP and be part of our long history!
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org RFP Below:
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Shepherd & Schaller External Wall Mural/ Sign
Shepherd & Schaller Sporting Goods, Inc. 324 Scott St. Wausau, WI 54403Contact: Robb Shepherd Business Phone: 715-845-5432 email@example.com
Shepherd & Schaller Sporting Goods, Inc. is an Outdoor Specialty Store, founded in 1949. It is family- owned and operated in downtown Wausau. “Shep’s” is known best as the premier snow sports shop in Wisconsin as well as for premium brand merchandise and services for cycling, camping, paddling and water sports, plus clothing and footwear. An e-commerce site, shepssports.com, was created in 2011 featuring live salesfloor inventory for select products. Shepherd & Schaller actively communicates and promotes via social media @shepssports.
2. Project Goals and Scope of Services
Shepherd & Schaller is seeking the services of a full-service muralist/sign company to develop and execute a new exterior mural that identifies and calls attention to the business while complimenting the building. The project will be awarded to a responsive and responsible bidder based on design, value and professional capacity.
The selected party will be responsible for the design, development and installation of the mural.
3. Tasks include but may not be limited to the following criteria:
- Design a full-color mural which includes Shepherd & Schaller’s logo, represents the company’s products and services, and is easy to read and understand by motorists traveling West on Scott Street in downtown Wausau.
- Produce/install full-color mural comprised of long-lasting, exterior-grade materials.
- Provide a full-color rendering of proposed design (and subsequent redesigns until approved), all materials and tools for creation, production, installation, clean-up.
- Confirm that proposed design and installation meets all city ordinances.
- Other communications and/or installation and clean-up related services as required
4. Time and Place of Submission of Proposals
- Anticipated Selection Schedule
- The Request for Proposal timeline is as follows:
- Request for RFP: July 15, 2019
- Deadline for Bidders to Submit Questions: July 30, 2019
- Shepherd & Schaller Responds to Bidder Questions: August 10, 2019
- Selection / Notification to Unsuccessful Bidders: August 31, 2019
Respondents to this RFP must submit one original and two copies of their proposal delivered in person or by mail or freight service. Responses must be received no later than July 31, 2019. Responses should be clearly marked “RFP-Mural” and mailed or delivered to the contact person listed above.
Shepherd & Schaller Sporting Goods, Inc. needs the project completed by October 15, 2019.
6. Elements of Proposal
A submission must, at a minimum, include the following elements:
- Description of the firm/proposer that includes a general overview, names and credentials of creative team.
- A one-page narrative outlining the firm’s strengths and distinguishing skills or capabilities as they might relate to the project.
- A representative selection of sign and/or mural projects created for current and past clients.
- A full-color rendering of the proposed design.
- A list of proposed materials to be used along with an explanation of the installation process.
- A proposed time-line for completion.
7. Evaluation Criteria
The successful respondent will have been operating as a muralist/sign company for a minimum of 12 months and/or successfully completed at least one similar project, plus possess full-service, in-house capabilities for complete project design and installation.
8. Possible Challenges
Summer 2019, Shepherd & Schaller Sporting Goods, Inc. is currently repairing and upgrading the exterior wall location for the mural, of which bidders should be aware. The new surface will be a red brick colored EIFS “synthetic stucco” surface which is expected to be completed by September 15, 2019.
No specific mural size is required, rather prior Shepherd & Schaller’s historic mural should be considered as a baseline (photos attached.) Shepherd & Schaller recognizes this allows for artistic interpretation and a variation in proposed costs.
Shepherd & Schaller Sporting Goods, Inc.’s budget for the project is not to exceed $2500, with preference given to lowest cost/highest value proposals.