Shepherd and Schaller Sports is Wausau’s favorite outdoor store. We have a reputation for premium merchandise and friendly, expert service.
With the experience, benefits and flexibility unique to a 74 year old local business, we hire full-time and part-time partners looking to join a fun, passionate, energetic team. We’re ski, snowboard and bike enthusiasts, paddlers, hikers, outdoor lovers, fashionistas, back shop technicians and happy people who love working together in Wausau’s lively downtown.
Working with us does not require extensive product knowledge of outdoor equipment and clothing to start. If you’re outgoing, attentive and passionate about learning and helping others, you’ll fit right in.Robb
Train with brand representatives and our expert team. There’s room to grow, create a career or supplement your other responsibilities. Perks include paid training, merchandise discounts and opportunities to earn free ski gear. Plus, a 15 minute drive to Granite Peak Ski Area , Sylvan Hill Bike Park or the Wisconsin River for after-work turns. So, what is required of our team?
We stock outdoor and artisan brands who support the environment and Fair Trade
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain outstanding customer service per company standards, generating sales, merchandising, and safeguarding company assets.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Aid customers in locating merchandise.
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in check-in merchandise.
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Any other related tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
- Support our online store, shepssports.com, by assisting in order fulfillment
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation properly
- Ability to follow direction and be a self-starter
- The ideal full-time candidate will have an appreciation for and understanding of retail and business, marketing and personnel
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures, which entails lifting
- Perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work our store hours; Monday-Saturday 10am-5pm. We are closed major holidays.
Drop off your resume during store hours or email: email@example.com. Shepherd and Schaller, 324 Scott Street, Wausau, WI